On 1/9/2012 10:13 PM, Trass3r wrote:
Basically something like the SFML Window module, but written in D and
working on Windoze/Linux.

GLFW, if all you need is OpenGL (heck, even GLUT maybe).

Isn't GLUT more or less dead and/or usage discouraged?
Hmm GLFW seems to be no better than SDL.

GLFW is pretty awesome, IMO. Lightweight and doesn't get in your way. Version 3 is going to be even better, but the pace of development is rather slow. I knocked up a Derelict binding to it a while back, but I'm not going to put it in the repository until GLFW 3 is actually released. I'd be happy to put it up for download somewhere if anyone wants it. Though, I don't guarantee that it's up-to-date. There may have been a change or two in the interface since I threw it together.

Is there any reason, though? SDL is not dead anymore, and its API is
being rewritten with 1.3 (aka SDL2).

SDL in its current form is heavily flawed.
Who knows when the new one will be ready.
And it especially still lacks important functionality:

"
Required
Sam: Add support for render targets
Sam: Add support for OpenGL context profiles
"

Or do you mean written completely in D?
(Can't think of anything, maybe GLFW would be (relatively) simple to
rewrite?)

Yep written in D.
Object-oriented, modular, no external dependencies.

btw, just remembered there's a basic window creation module and input
handling code at
https://github.com/adamdruppe/misc-stuff-including-D-programming-language-web-stuff/blob/master/simpledisplay.d

Could be better though.