Walter Bright wrote:

> On 1/16/2012 1:02 PM, Kiith-Sa wrote:
>> Also, some of the indie PC developers might be more likely
>> to try out D than the AAA industry - if we get some decent basic libraries.
>
> Keep in mind that D can directly access any C library.
>
> The Deimos project https://github.com/D-Programming-Deimos/ is growing
> rapidly.
> If there is a C library you (or anyone else) need to use that doesn't have an
> interface in Deimos, and you find yourself having to write one, please
> contribute it to Deimos.

I'm well aware of the fact - my work depends on SDL, OpenGL and FreeType
using the Derelict bindings (Those probably don't belong to Deimos as they're
not absolutely thin bindings although they don't wrap the APIs in any way)

I'm trying to write D libraries instead of bindings to C when possible,
though - this results less dependencies and much better API. (That only
works for small libraries, though - I have no interest in spending
next 10 years rewriting something like OGRE3D)