On 2012-01-19 11:11, Walter Bright wrote:
On 1/19/2012 2:06 AM, Patrick Stewart wrote:
Long story short - I find new things added and premature optimizations
The
worst enemy of language at the moment. They might look like selling
point to
you, to me they look like distractions from fixing D's shaking legs and
solving some real problems underneath.

Take a look at the D changelog.

https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/d-programming-language.org/blob/master/changelog.dd

I just don't see how it can be argued that we aren't doing exactly what
you suggest we do.

Take a look at the latest commits, the language is not frozen. You have recently added support for SIMD and a new lambda syntax (which I really like BTW).

--
/Jacob Carlborg