On Thu, 19 Jan 2012 14:06:00 -0500, torhu <no@spam.invalid> wrote:

On 19.01.2012 19:17, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:

That's like saying this:

int[] arr;

int l = arr.length;
l++;

should be the same as this:

arr.length++;

because it's a property.

This is an orthogonal problem.  byKey doesn't try to affect the original
AA, so the semantics should be the same whether you save a copy or access
it in one line.

There are no hard-fast rules on what should be properties and what
shouldn't.  But the rvalue vs lvalue is an orthogonal problem.

If the type of byKeys is Range, I would expect to be able to treat it like one. Not like one, then another, then another, then another... ad infinitum.

I don't know what you mean.  You can treat it like one.

-Steve