On Mon, 23 Jan 2012 23:00:11 -0500, Bernard Helyer <b.hel...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Tuesday, 24 January 2012 at 03:52:25 UTC, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
"Bernard Helyer" <b.hel...@gmail.com> wrote in message news:zqqqybjeqepidctwz...@dfeed.kimsufi.thecybershadow.net...
On Tuesday, 24 January 2012 at 03:01:25 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
On Monday, January 23, 2012 19:52:27 Brad Anderson wrote:
Jonathan, Swiftly closing them is causing real pain for some of us.
Certainly he could fix them and keep a log of the ones he fixed then
actually close, say, 3 a day on bugzilla so it wouldn't be so noisy.

Considering that what's doing is primarily focused on commenting and potentially closing bugs, not necessarily fixing them, it wouldn't make any sense to keep track of it himself and then go back later to actually comment on them and potentially close them. It would be the same as slowing down what he's doing over a much longer period. And 3 a day would be insanely slow in comparison to what he's actually doing. I'm sure that it's much more effective for him to just do it all now and move on.

I'm sorry, but you're just going to have to deal with it. It won't last long, and it needs to be done.

- Jonathan M Davis

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD GOOGLE A MODERATE PROPOSAL I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE WHY ARE YOU ALL GERMAN OR SOMETHING OH GOD

Walter already made reference to baby-eating.

I was referring to Jonathan's seeming inability to get the joke. :P

If you don't know the reference, you won't get it. It's that simple. You need a reference.

It's like referencing a movie that you haven't seen. What is the point of explaining it unless you have seen the movie, you won't get it.

And I have to admit, I didn't have any idea what he was talking about until I read later about googling for it, and learned what it meant.

You don't even have your reference right :)  It's a *Modest* proposal.

-Steve