On Wed, 25 Jan 2012 16:31:14 -0500, Nick Sabalausky <a@a.a> wrote:

"Steven Schveighoffer" <schvei...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:op.v8nbixzyeav7ka@localhost.localdomain...

I must rave about the trackpad on the macbook pro.  The interface is so
damned good, I hate going back to my linux laptop (which I must do for
work).

A good trackpad?!? That seems difficult to believe. Whenever I use a laptop, I just grab/carry-around a trackball (or at least a mouse). I can barely use
those touchpad things, and IBM's "clitmouse" is only a little bit better.

It's freaking cool. The best part is the scrolling. On my dell laptop, I have to use the right side of the touchpad to scroll. With the track pad, I just use 2 fingers, and it scrolls, no matter where I am on the pad.

Click with 2-fingers, and it's a right-click.

There are a bunch of multi touch gestures. Like 5-finger pinch brings up the app launcher (kind of like iPad home screen), 5-finger "explode" shows desktop, 4 finger swipe up brings up the window chooser (kind of like alt-tab).

It's completely accurate, I haven't yet had it misinterpret how many fingers I'm using. I find that kind of amazing given how shitty touch screens used to be.

It is a little unnerving at first, I was thinking "where the fuck are the buttons?!"

The only complaint I have is that at the top of the pad, it's very hard to click.

-Steve