On 01/25/2012 11:49 AM, Manu wrote:

My argument is that you shouldn't have to read the docs AT ALL to access
basic functionality. I say "how do I create a worker thread?", and
someone in the office answers "use std.concurrency", I type
std.concurrency and press '.', everything I care about appears, and if
it's designed correctly, a momentary glance will have me headed in the
right path. It also reflects on why I really hate seeing 'auto' used in
sample code.

Except that for 'worker thread' the guy in the office will presumably answer "use std.parallelism". You were presumably not using the most appropriate tool for the job.