On Friday, 27 January 2012 at 18:16:38 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
On Wednesday, 25 January 2012 at 19:27:47 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
I support putting all public domain modules from the Win32 bindings project into Druntime.

The entirety of the Windows API modules (headers in C) and accompanying import libraries are an integral part of The Windows SDK.

Public domain? PSDK is not public domain. Isn't "Microsoft & public domain" an oxymoron?

The files in the Windows API bindings project are translations from the MinGW headers, which were created based on the documentation (which explains the occasional errors). The MinGW headers are public domain. Considering that MinGW is not an obscure project, I think we're on safe legal ground here.