On Friday, 27 January 2012 at 18:36:28 UTC, Sean Kelly wrote:
The only other thing to be aware of is that each module linked into an executable incurs some overhead (500 bytes minimum, if I remember correctly), so moving to these new Win32 headers will increase the footprint of D apps on Windows. I imagine it's a worthwhile tradeoff, but I did want to bring this up so no one is surprised later.

Would it be possible to fix this overhead in the compiler (avoiding generation of such overhead for modules without classes, static ctors/dtors, etc.)?

Even though Windows API programs classically begin with #include <windows.h>, which includes most of the other headers, this isn't a requirement, and it's possible to import modules on a finer-grained basis.