On 02/03/2012 11:40 AM, Paulo Pinto wrote:
 From OO design it does not make any sense. I was even't aware that this
is possible in D.

Static methods are intented to be used as what is commonly known as
class methods in Smalltalk. Methods
that are attached to the class class, usually known as metaclass. These
methods are then transversal to
all instances of a given class and are called by ClassName.Method() .

Interfaces don't have implementations per se, they only describe a set
of funcionalities that any implementing
class is obliged to provide. Hence there is no direct implementation and
no difference between instances and
metaclasses.

D interfaces seem then to provide a mechanism where implementing classes
are forced to implement static methods,

Nope.

but since when calling interface methods the form is always
Interface.Method(), what is the added benefict to force
static method implementations?

Which use cases have lead to such decision?

--
Paulo