Am 07.02.2012, 21:11 Uhr, schrieb Nick Sabalausky <a@a.a>:

Is void initialization not good enough?

IIRC it's something like:

ubyte[] buf = void;

That gives me a) no buffer, who's pointer is b) not initialized to null.
I want instead a defined pointer, to a valid array, that is initialized to zero.

Anyway, I think the flaw in my proposal is the use of a GC. Since we don't get the memory directly from the operating system, but from a memory pool in the GC, it is generally 'recycled' and already used memory. It has to be zeroed out manually, unless there was a way to tell the OS to rebind some virtual memory addresses in our program to this magic 'zero page'.