On 2/9/12 11:17 PM, Sean Kelly wrote:
On Feb 9, 2012, at 11:57 AM, Martin Nowak wrote:
I didn't yet got around to polish my lock-free SList/DList implementations,
but mutexes should only become a problem with high contention when you need to
block.
You'd also would need some kind of blocking for lock-free lists.

No blocking should be necessary for the lock-free list.  Just try to steal a
node with a CAS.  If the result was null (i.e. if the list ended up being
empty), allocate a node via malloc/GC.

And the neat thing is that you don't have to worry about node deletion as much when you have a GC…

David