On 02/03/12 21:43, Martin Nowak wrote:
On Fri, 02 Mar 2012 01:43:17 +0100, Geoffrey Biggs
<geoffrey.bi...@aist.go.jp> wrote:

Morning all,

In a project just starting, we want to use D (for its safety, amongst
other things). However, we also need to connect to distributed objects
that have CORBA interfaces. I did a search, and the most recent
mention of CORBA and D that I could find is a post to this list nearly
5 years ago:

http://www.digitalmars.com/d/archives/digitalmars/D/Using_CORBA_with_D_55285.html

The linked project is still just as empty now as it was then.

Does anyone know of any existing approaches to using CORBA from D that
have perhaps appeared since then? If there isn't a direct
implementation, what are the chances of using a C++ library such as
omniORB from D?

Thanks,
Geoff

There was some Thrift support in the workings if that might help you.

Thanks for the pointer. Unfortunately, CORBA and Thrift are not compatible.

Geoff