On 2012-03-05 11:38, Walter Bright wrote:
On 3/4/2012 11:50 PM, Chad J wrote:
I'm pretty sure other languages like C# and Java get this right.
Haven't used
those two in a while though. Haxe... totally got this right. Also
Actionscript 3
by proxy. Hell, even Synergy/DE, the DIBOL (!!) derivative that I use
at work,
/gets this right/. I get stacktraces for null dereferences in these
languages.
It's /really/ convenient and useful. I consider D to be very backwards
in this
regard.

Notably, C and C++ do not do what you suggest.

Just because C and C++ do something in a certain way doesn't make it a valid reason to do the same thing in D.

I think this is an argument we need to stop using immediately. It just shows we're stuck in our ways, can't innovate and can't think for our self.

--
/Jacob Carlborg