On 3/5/2012 4:27 AM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
On 2012-03-05 11:38, Walter Bright wrote:
Notably, C and C++ do not do what you suggest.

Just because C and C++ do something in a certain way doesn't make it a valid
reason to do the same thing in D.

I think this is an argument we need to stop using immediately. It just shows
we're stuck in our ways, can't innovate and can't think for our self.

Doing things differently than well established practice requires a strong reason. There are often good reasons for that established practice that aren't obvious.