On 03/10/2012 12:09 AM, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
"Nick Sabalausky"<a@a.a>  wrote in message
"Walter Bright"<newshou...@digitalmars.com>  wrote in message
This statement is from Linus Torvalds about breaking binary
compatibility:

https://lkml.org/lkml/2012/3/8/495

While I don't think we need to worry so much at the moment about breaking
binary compatibility with new D releases, we do have a big problem with
breaking source code compatibility.

This is why we need to have a VERY high bar for breaking changes.

Freezing things against breaking changes is all fine and good, but NOT
before they're reached a point where they're good enough to be frozen.
Premature freezing is how you create cruft and other such shit. Let's not
go jumping any guns here.

+1.

Keep in mind, too, that Linux has decades of legacy and millions of users.
That's a *very* different situation from Phobos. Apples and oranges.

+1.