"Nick Sabalausky" <a@a.a> wrote in message
news:jjmmh3$9jb$1...@digitalmars.com...
> "Adam D. Ruppe" <destructiona...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> On Tuesday, 13 March 2012 at 04:24:45 UTC, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>>> 2. On the web, animation means JS.
>>
>> css3 does animations that are pretty easy to use,
>> degrade well, and tend to be fast. Moreover css
>> is where it belongs anyway - it is pure presentation.
>>

> Interesting, I had no idea! Thanks for the tip :)
>
>> Far, far superior to the JS crap.
>>

> Yea, there's a lot of things that are much better done in CSS that a lot
> of people don't even know about. For example, most rollovers are easily
> doable in pure CSS. But there's a lot stuff out there (paricularly things
> created in Adobe's "software") that use JS for rollovers, which doesn't
> even work as well (even with JS on).

Another thing is Flash. Almost *everyone* uses JS to embed flash. But *it's
not needed*! I embed Flash with pure HTML and it works perfectly fine. Don't
even need any server-side code! (You probably need JS to tell the user when
they don't have Flash or, in some cases, when they don't have a new enough
version, and suggest a download link. But including those features with JS
still does *nothing* to prevent you from making the applet run without JS.
And...It's not even a fallback! It's just embedding with method A instead of
method B. And method A is, frankly, dead-simple.)