Le 14/03/2012 21:28, Vladimir Panteleev a écrit :
On Wednesday, 14 March 2012 at 20:20:05 UTC, deadalnix wrote:
The topic is *Turning a SIGSEGV into a regular function call under
Linux, allowing throw*, not only Exception. I don't understand what is
the problem here ? Can't we talk about how we could keep trash
register clean in case we don't throw - this doesn't make much sense
if we throw anyway - ?

What your are mentioning here is already done. Nothing to discuss
about that. This is why I try to jump into the next topic : how can we
do more than just throwing.

OK. But (to me, at least) you sounded like you were criticizing the
implementation for solving that specific task, so it would help if you
were clearer of your intentions. For example, losing the contents EAX is
relativery harmless, but the contents of EBP, EGS etc. can be very
important.

I'm not criticizing at all ! I think this is awesome ! I'm just trying to discuss way we can get to the next step.

Loosing EAX is harmless in the throwing case, but it is a problem for other tasks.

I didn't mentioned this into the topic, but I'm very enthusiastic about that !