On Thursday, 19 April 2012 at 10:28:08 UTC, Tobias Pankrath wrote:
On Thursday, 19 April 2012 at 09:24:23 UTC, Roman D. Boiko wrote:
On Friday, 13 April 2012 at 09:57:49 UTC, Ary Manzana wrote:
Having a D compiler available as a library will (at least) give these benefits:

What about joining forces with sdc then?

I think I will use some code from SDC and contibute back to it now that it is liberally licensed. It wasn't an option when it was under GNU, because I generally prefer possibility for commercial usage.

However, I believe that the project I'm working on (DCT) has a good potential and the D community will better benefit from two alternatives. There are several design differences, and will be more. This also gives me additional flexibility and more learning opportunities.

I will dual-license (Boost+MIT) any part of my code if somebody would like to incorporate such part in SDC. My question about motivation for MIT licence was caused in particular by desire to minimize possible overhead of dealing with two licenses for me.