On 30/04/12 01:03, Manu wrote:
On 30 April 2012 01:24, Tove <t...@fransson.se
<mailto:t...@fransson.se>> wrote:

    On Sunday, 29 April 2012 at 22:13:22 UTC, Manu wrote:

        Is it technically possible to have a precise GC clean up all
        unreferenced
        memory in one big pass?

    yes, but unless it's also moving/compacting... one would suffer
    memory fragmentation... so I would imagine TempAlloc is a better fit?

In some cases I'm comfortable with that type of fragmentation (large
regularly sized resources), although that leads me to a gaping hole in
D's allocation system...

<OT, but still very important>
There is no way to request aligned memory. I can't even specify an
alignment on a user type and expect it to be aligned if I create one on
the stack, let alone the heap >_<
It seems I can request alignment for items within a struct, but I can't
align the struct its self. In addition, a struct doesn't inherit the
alignment of its aligned members, so the struct is allocated unaligned,
and the aligned member fails its promise anyway.

Bug 2278.