On 5/4/12 2:26 AM, Jeff Nowakowski wrote:
Just letting you all know we're working on the frustrating and
increasingly frequent "Load at xx.xx, try again later" errors when
reading this forum through NNTP. They are caused by a significant growth
spurt in newsgroup readership that occurred in recent times. We are
working with our provider to fix these issues.

Out of curiosity, can we get some numbers on the number of concurrent
users that are causing the problems?

This would be interesting to know. Relayed upstream.

I'm surprised that a modern machine
would have trouble keeping up with newsgroup traffic. I figure it is
either broken software or the machine is actually busy doing something
else.

FWIW it seemed to be just a configuration issue.