On Mon, 07 May 2012 09:22:05 -0400, Paulo Pinto <pj...@progtools.org> wrote:

This just confirms what I saw yesterday on a presentation.

Many developers re-invent the wheel, or jump to the fad technology of the
year, because they don't have the knowledge of old already proven technologies,
that for whatever reason, are no longer common.

We need better ways to preserve knowledge in our industry.

Again, don't take offense. I never suggested Java's use of an already existing technology was in some way a "new" thing, just that it proves it can work.

I'm sure back in the day, TurboPascal had to walk uphill through the snow to school both ways too. :)

-Steve