On Thursday, 10 May 2012 at 18:37:19 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 10:49:08AM -0700, Sean Kelly wrote:
On Jul 30, 2011, at 10:27 PM, Jonathan M Davis wrote:

> I think that it would be useful to query the community for > what > piece of library functionality they don't currently have in > D and > would most like to see. [...] But what other major > functionality do > you miss in D that other languages' that you use have > available in
> their libraries?
[...]

I don't know if this can be considered "major functionality", but I would be really really happy if there was a high-quality linear algebra library available for D. Or at the very least, a generic matrix/vector algebra module that can interoperate with more targeted libraries
(something along the lines of Blitz++ in C++).

gl3n would be a good candidate for a standard vector/matrix library, the big feature missing is intrinsics support (aka SSE,AltiVec,VMX and Neon vector operations)

I can't say that these exist in other standard libraries either, but I
want:

1. A high-performance sockets API.
2. A robust logging tool (ie. Boost.Log).

I thought std.log is in the queue? Or is it not powerful enough for what
you need?