On Friday, 11 May 2012 at 15:41:02 UTC, Mehrdad wrote:
On Friday, 11 May 2012 at 15:36:37 UTC, Mehrdad wrote:
It's in the same exact thread as the caller of CreateWindow in Win32

Minor correction: that's under the assumption that the thread that registered the window class (with RegisterClass()) is the same thread creating the window, which is the case most of the time.

But if it's one process instantiating the window of a different process (which happens sometimes), or if it's one thread instantiating the window of a different thread (which happens more rarely), that's obviously not the case...

Never mind, I actually messed up the last part; it's the same thread throughout:
http://www.oopweb.com/Assembly/Documents/Win32ASM/Volume/winmsg.htm#windowthread

I just got this confused because if you happen to use SendMessage() to send the message, THEN the rule I mentioned applies.

But here, the system calls the window procedure directly, and as the link says, only the current ever calls the window procedure.