On 5/23/12 1:53 PM, Roman D. Boiko wrote:
On Wednesday, 23 May 2012 at 18:51:32 UTC, Roman D. Boiko wrote:
Immutable collections in most cases have the same performance
characteristics as mutable ones. Space consumption may be higher, but
not necessarily.

Instead of mutating a collection, a new one is returned each time you
add or remove an element. It shares most nodes with a previous one.

I've posted some links with information on this topic:
http://d-coding.com/2012/05/21/functional-data-structures.html

It is also easy to find other sources on this topic for those who are
interested.

Okasaki put together the ultimate work on immutable data structures. I have plans to add immutable collections to D containers once I sort out the allocators matter. Unfortunately, I find myself gasping for time so the news that you are working on such are awesome. I suggest you to absorb the approach taken by ranges and (however incomplete it looks at the moment) std.container, and build on such.