On Wednesday, 23 May 2012 at 23:51:45 UTC, bearophile wrote:
Roman D. Boiko:

The end goal is to have something as easy to work with as collections of Scala or F# (I don't know Haskell), and, of course, efficient.

If you plan in creating a start of purely functional collections library then I suggest you to also take a look at Clojure and various Haskell collections. Clojure is very based on persistent purely functional data structures, used in modern ways. And in the Haskell tribe there are some very smart persons that have worked on those things for fifteen years. So spending one extra week reading and looking at those two worlds may help you a lot later, and give you many good/better ideas.

Bye,
bearophile

Thanks, I will!