On Wednesday, 23 May 2012 at 17:12:15 UTC, Andrew Wiley wrote:
I agree with Roman that automated translation to a VM language would probably be a difficult thing to attempt, although I think it could be doable. I don't think the effort/benefit ration is low enough. It's not often that someone needs a mechanical translation of a D library to another
language.

It is possible to translate D to LLVM IR :) Proven by LDC. Almost...

But I don't think D to Java or .NET would map well. And it would be very difficult to write such a mapping, almost impossible, IMO.