On 2012-05-22 12:48, Alex Rønne Petersen wrote:

Yes?

But what was your point about a "C back end"? It didn't make sense in
this context to me at all.

If you a self-hosting compiler written in D with a C backend it's easier to port to other platforms. You just compile the D compiler with it self and output C code. Then you compile the C code on another platform.

Anyway, D compilers are not ubiquitous enough to justify scrapping the
C++ ones yet IMO.

I didn't say we should scrap the compilers written in C++. As I've said, write the compiler in D and provide a C interface to it.

--
/Jacob Carlborg