On 5/23/2012 1:04 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
Macs computers are the first laptops reliable enough to be handled as
an appliance - e.g. the sleep mode works well enough that I can casually lift
the laptop off the couch while watching TV, open it, google for something, and
close it, all within seconds. I _never_ got suspend to work reliably enough with
other platforms.

Windows 7 is better at suspend/resume than any previous Windows, but it still
loses its shares randomly doing that, and needs rebooting.

Oh, another weirdity shows up sometimes after resuming from sleep. Text windows revert to 24*80. You can resize them, but if you move them they snap back to 24*80. Have to reboot to stop that.