On 5/24/2012 5:54 AM, simendsjo wrote:
Yes, XP mode is a virtualized xp, but running 16-bit virtualized applications in
a virtualized xp mode on win7 just doesn't work like it should :)
Good to see we're not the only one with this problem.

I would have been happy if MS had simply provided a software 16 bit emulator, not even a virtualized machine, that I could run with:

   DOSBOX dosprog.exe args...

It would have run plenty fast enough, and with MS's resources, it would not have even been a blip on the radar. And, being a software emulator, it will work on any future machines, ARM machines, etc.