On Monday, 28 May 2012 at 23:55:04 UTC, Alex Rønne Petersen wrote:
On 29-05-2012 01:46, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
On Tuesday, May 29, 2012 01:38:25 Alex Rønne Petersen wrote:
I should probably add that Java learned it long ago, and yet we adopted
it anyway... blergh.

The "lesson learned" from Java that TDPL enumerates is the mistake of having synchronized on functions rather than entire classes, but clearly even that is
currently TDPL-only and not actually properly implemented yet.

- Jonathan M Davis

But synchronized on entire classes is exactly equally flawed... the fundamental problem is still that they synchronize on a public resource.

The fundamental problem is shared memory ;)
NMS