Hi,

I was going through some sample code online and came across the following code fragment...

listenHttp(settings, &handleRequest); //Where handleRequest is a function

My question to you is (as the title says) is the address-of operator (&) really needed here? Wouldn't it be better to consider handleRequest to be a reference to the actual function? I think this will make the system consistent with the way variables work in D. IMO this will bring functions/delegates closer to being first class objects in D.

What do you think?

Regards,
Sandeep Datta.