On 05.06.2012 2:06, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
On 05.06.2012 1:56, Roman D. Boiko wrote:
On Monday, 4 June 2012 at 21:39:50 UTC, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
On 05.06.2012 1:16, Roman D. Boiko wrote:
I believe that once encoidng is established your compiler tool should
use the best code for that encoding. And that means templates,
tailored per encoding in my book.
If anything I plan to use Tries on strings without decoding codepoint,
just using length of it (as first stage, might need some tweak).
Will it be difficult to adapt your API for immutable tries? E.g., it is
not possible to implement immutable sequence (linked list) as a range,

Linked list? I'm horrified. Though I'd need some info on where and why
you'd need that ;)
Despite some claims to the contrary small arrays (like e-hm 10_000
elements) are faster in nearly all operations possible.

And you can fake immutability, buy always picking up an unused slot btw. No need to go beyond logical immutability.

--
Dmitry Olshansky