On Sunday, 10 June 2012 at 18:45:55 UTC, Roman D. Boiko wrote:
On Sunday, 10 June 2012 at 18:16:39 UTC, Rainer Schuetze wrote:
I have recently refactored the code so that the parser and the semantic analysis can run in an different process (a local COM server). This was mainly to avoid GC stalls within the IDE, but could also be used to plugin other code for semantic analysis. The current interface is here: https://github.com/rainers/visuald/blob/master/vdc/ivdserver.d
Great! This simplifies my task a lot. Interface and implementation seem to be straightforward. Of course, I'll need to understand overall design first, but now I have a good starting point.
Do I understand correctly that syntax coloring is implemented via using GetTip / GetTipResult pair of functions, which serialize tokens using ast.node.Node.toD(CodeWriter)? If yes, is format defined by some standard or documented? If no, what mechanism is used to highlight syntax?