On 6/18/12 10:24 AM, Mehrdad wrote:
On Monday, 18 June 2012 at 15:21:36 UTC, Timon Gehr wrote:
So (**IMHO**) if that's really the case, we should really spend some
time fixing the /design/ of const before the implementation...

This is mostly about the design of object initialisation.

good idea or no?

Certainly.

My initial instinct would be to require a "const constructor" in order
for an object to be const-able, but I'm not sure if that would work
correctly or not..

The constructor of a const or immutable object progressively evolves the object from a raw state to a fixed, constructed state. During the process the object has not discernable type. This is what needs to be fixed.