On 27-Jun-12 00:24, Anonymous wrote:
On Tuesday, 26 June 2012 at 16:58:25 UTC, Dejan Lekic wrote:
On Monday, 25 June 2012 at 10:17:27 UTC, P. Lefevre wrote:
For those interested in web development, GWAN is a VERY fast web
server (Linux only) which allow development of dynamic pages in C,
C++, Objective-C, Objective-C++, and D (since january this year) !

see http://gwan.ch/

NB: the perf benchmark on this site seems incredible, but try
yourself ...
I did it and I'm convinced.

I have no intention even to try something that is not open-source
nowadays. It looks nice though, but I will never trust something that
is not open-sourced...

I am posting anonymously to protect my identity.

Have to say, that being anonymous *and* posting vague accusations with kind of strange proof links BTW all it talks about is "GWAN is not open-source and thus it's bullshit ...". Then it lists some security bugs in old version of GWAN that was then hidden from downloads (and for obvious reasons if you ask me).

You are right to be suspicious of G-Wan. Regardless of the merits of the
software itself, its author is known for his aggressive propaganda of
G-Wan, including attempts to cover up serious past security
vulnerabilities.

Hm, yet I never heard about G-WAN at all until somebody brought it up in the NG.

Have a look here to get an understanding of how far this goes:

http://www.wikivs.com/index.php?title=G-WAN_vs_Nginx&action=history

More info:

http://weblambdazero.blogspot.com/2011/09/human-factor.html

This in fact it contains a bunch of accusations of it's own.
It's not like I should have posted all this (everybody knows better then to trust anonymous blindly etc.) but just could not resist.

--
Dmitry Olshansky