On 7/10/12 12:57 PM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
On 2012-07-10 16:36, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
Dunno, to me it says SORTED in one big scary thought. Again it should
ether check constraint or put some more useful description. e.g.
"(functionality akin to the uniq system utility)" doesn't strike me as
helpful.

Sure, this particular example uses a sorted array, but nothing says an
unsorted array won't work.

Clearly this and any documentation can be improved, but I'd say if it says "range" there there's no assumption "sorted range" there. I think the main thing that could be expressed better is "unique consecutive".

Does it only handle ints. It doesn't say anything about that in the
documentation and the example uses ints. Then it must only accept ints.

I think it would be onerous to mention for each algorithm, although clearly they all are generic, that they can handle ranges with any element type.

You see how stupid that is.

That being what?