On Wednesday, 11 July 2012 at 17:09:27 UTC, Timon Gehr wrote:
On 07/11/2012 06:45 PM, David Piepgrass wrote:
These benefits (except 3) all exist for "function" as well as "fn", but while many languages use "fun", requiring "function" for all functions is almost unheard of (at least I haven't heard of it), why? It's too
damn long! We write functions constantly, we don't want to type
"function" constantly.

You could have a look at JavaScript.

Ack! You got me. Dynamic languages aren't my thing. But JS being dynamically typed, it's not as bad since you don't have to specify the return type in addition.