On Tue, 17 Jul 2012 19:08:51 +0100, Paulo Pinto <pj...@progtools.org> wrote:

On Tuesday, 17 July 2012 at 15:13:52 UTC, Regan Heath wrote:
On Tue, 17 Jul 2012 15:50:27 +0100, Jacob Carlborg <d...@me.com> wrote:

On 2012-07-17 16:37, Regan Heath wrote:

All my googling for "old style" "variadic" etc returned the use of
va_alist and va_dcl so I can't see where/why Clang would do what it's
doing.

To be accurate it's the libclang function "clang_isFunctionTypeVariadic" that returns true.

http://clang.llvm.org/doxygen/group__CINDEX__TYPES.html#ga343b2463b0ed4b259739242cf26c3ae2

Is Clang open source, can we see the code for that function? Perhaps it's a bug.. ANSI C may have made () without "void" obsolete, but no compiler I've ever used has actually enforced that - or perhaps C++ made old-style function definition/declarations obsolete and allowed () back again.

In C++, a function with no parameters () is a synonym for (void).

That's what I've been assuming all this time, but I wasn't sure if I was technically (according to the spec) right, so I didn't want to say.. :)