On Tuesday, 29 May 2012 at 09:46:54 UTC, Don Clugston wrote:
On 28/05/12 03:40, Chang Long wrote:
On Saturday, 26 May 2012 at 15:56:38 UTC, Chang Long wrote:
CTFE execute will be very useful on web develop, for example It is very hard to create a CTFE version template engine with rich feature. But we can use execute call to transe template file to d code string,
then mixed it to application.

The vibed project is very cool and I want to add my Jade template to
this, but I can't find other way to do it.

You can do a lot with import(filename);

Maybe we also need a compiler option to enable this CTFE io operate
because security.

Let me make myself more clear, what I suggestion is something like this:

mixin( std.process.execute("/usr/bin/template_engine
template_file_path.htm") );

When translate the template code to D code, need a lot D type arguments information. And one Web application may need very many page, and the type may change frequently. If I am not doing it on the CTFE will geometric increase workload.

If D want to be participants in the web field, I think that this feature sooner or later will be needed.