On Friday, 20 July 2012 at 21:45:17 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
On 7/20/12 8:51 AM, Andrea Fontana wrote:
CMWC is proven to be a valid method and it passes diehard tests. It was written by prof. George Marsiglia (he developed xorshift too - included
in std.random). He was one of the best experts in PRNG.

Would be great if you wanted to contribute an implementation of CMWC to std.random.

Thanks,

Andrei

That's something I could undertake confidently.

Writing both an actual engine, and creating aliases for pre-optimized schemes.

I'd just have to wait to finish my current development (I don't know how to have parallel forks).