On 7/21/12 6:28 AM, monarch_dodra wrote:
On Friday, 20 July 2012 at 21:45:17 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
On 7/20/12 8:51 AM, Andrea Fontana wrote:
CMWC is proven to be a valid method and it passes diehard tests. It was
written by prof. George Marsiglia (he developed xorshift too - included
in std.random). He was one of the best experts in PRNG.

Would be great if you wanted to contribute an implementation of CMWC
to std.random.

Thanks,

Andrei

That's something I could undertake confidently.

Writing both an actual engine, and creating aliases for pre-optimized
schemes.

I'd just have to wait to finish my current development (I don't know how
to have parallel forks).

That would be awesome (both RNG and getting fluent with parallel forks).