Le 23/07/2012 16:46, FeepingCreature a écrit :
On 07/23/12 16:37, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
But it didn't work. It is with(symbol) or with(expression)
in the spec.

Would it work to also allow with(decl)? It seems to me that
it should be ok... kinda similar to the currently allowed

if(auto a = foo()) { /* use a here */ }

So we're just extending that same idea out to the with statement
too.

The more general form would be to make variable declaration an expression. I'm not sure
if that causes any ambiguity, parsing-wise, but it allows other neat things as well,
like while(vardecl) and if (decl1&&  condition).

With the current grammar, it is difficult, because declarations are statements.