On Monday, 23 July 2012 at 15:37:22 UTC, deadalnix wrote:
The real need here is to allow variable declaration to be used as expressions. And functions too as they are first class citizens now.

I don't think that's actually going to happen though.
It is just a big, big change.

Adding with(decl) is a small change. I think anyway.

This reduces special cases instead of adding new one, and give a much greater opportunity for expressiveness in the language.

I agree this would be nice, but I'm just trying to ask
for something I think we can actually get...