Given:
- The many differences between dmd 2.059 and 2.060alpha, and the amount of time passed since the release of 2.059; - The fact that there are some 2.060alpha regressions to be fixed still, so dmd 2.060 is not coming out tomorrow; - And the recent idea of introducing stable dmd releases that include many patches despite not being really a v.2.061 (see the "Stable D Releases!" in D.announce); - That I think a "languageNumber.majorVersion.revision" numbering scheme is better, more widespread and more useful (where "languageNumber" is 1, 2 and maybe 3, a change in "majorVersion" means something is changed in the language and this calls for changes in user code and this is the point where the stable D releases must include all the patches of the main trunk, and "revision" means just bug fixes and tiny backwards-compatible enhancements that are not necessarily included in the stable D release) (See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_versioning ).

Then I suggest to call the next release dmd  2.1.0 :-)

And maybe in such 2.1.0 it's better to deprecate the features marked as "future" here:
http://dlang.org/deprecate.html

In a Bugzilla entry (6277) I have also suggested another idea (maybe fit for dmd 2.1.0 still) to improve the evolvability of the D language: beside using -d (deprecated features) another way to face those problems is to use an idea from Python, a switch like "-future" that activates language features that will be introduced in future (this also means the "-property" flag gets moved into "-future" and removed, so the total amount of dmd flags doesn't change).

Bye,
bearophile