On Monday, 23 July 2012 at 16:30:23 UTC, bearophile wrote:
Given:
[...]
- That I think a "languageNumber.majorVersion.revision" numbering scheme is better, more widespread and more useful (where "languageNumber" is 1, 2 and maybe 3, a change in "majorVersion" means something is changed in the language and this calls for changes in user code and this is the point where the stable D releases must include all the patches of the main trunk, and "revision" means just bug fixes and tiny backwards-compatible enhancements that are not necessarily included in the stable D release) (See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_versioning ).

Then I suggest to call the next release dmd  2.1.0 :-)

[...]

It's not majorVersion that is missing from the current scheme,
it's revision.
There already was a dmd 2.1.0:
http://dlang.org/changelog.html#new2_001