On Tuesday, July 24, 2012 22:00:56 Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> But with D, you get a HUGE boost in compilation speed by
> not compiling one-at-a-time. So if you have a huge, slow-to-compile
> codebase (for example, 15 seconds or so),

I find it shocking that anyone would consider 15 seconds slow to compile for a
large program. Yes, D's builds are lightning fast in general, and 15 seconds
is probably a longer build, but calling 15 seconds "slow-to-compile" just
about blows my mind. 15 seconds for a large program is _fast_. If anyone
complains about a large program taking 15 seconds to build, then they're just
plain spoiled or naive. I've dealt with _Java_ apps which took in the realm of
10 minutes to compile, let alone C++ apps which take _hours_ to compile. 15
seconds is a godsend.

- Jonathan M Davis