On Friday, 3 August 2012 at 03:59:29 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
On Friday, August 03, 2012 05:36:05 Bernard Helyer wrote:
If the other guys think they've got it, then I can withdraw my
efforts. I was just thinking I had a lexer just sitting around,
may as well use it, but if the other guys have it, then I'm fine
with withdrawing.

I'm a fair ways along already. Making changes according to what Walter wants will slow me down some but not a lot. It's something that I've wanted to do for quite some time but just finally got around to starting a couple of weeks ago. So, I definitely want to complete it regardless of what anyone else is doing. It also gives me an opportunity to make sure that the spec and dmd match (and I've already found a few bugs with the spec and fixed them).

Feel free to do whatever you want, but I'm definitely going to complete what
I'm working on.

- Jonathan M Davis

I'll let you get on with it then. I'll amuse myself with the
thought of someone asking why SDC doesn't use std.d.lexer or
a parser generator. I'll then hit them with my cane, and tell
them to get off of my lawn. :P