On Saturday, 4 August 2012 at 11:58:09 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
On Saturday, August 04, 2012 15:32:22 Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
I see it as a compile-time policy, that will fit nicely and solve both issues. Just provide a templates with a few hooks, and add a Noop policy
that does nothing.

It's starting to look like figuring out what should and shouldn't be configurable and how to handle it is going to be the largest problem in the
lexer...

- Jonathan M Davis

If we have a really fast lexer that is highly compile-time configureable and has a readable codebase, then this would be a really good showcase for D.