On Tue, 31 Jul 2012 15:31:45 -0500, Jacob Carlborg <d...@me.com> wrote:

On 2012-07-31 19:30, Stuart wrote:

Of course it's *my* opinion. Whose else opinion would it be?

And that's just the point. I'm *not* using D. I *want* to be using D,
and I've been *trying* to use D, but I keep hitting strange compiler
errors and libraries that won't compile (i.e. DFL).

I like D. It's been well-thought-out. But without tools, how can it be
used? Yeah, I know, many of you don't use IDEs - but tell me this. How
can I write a GUI? Whether you like GUIs is beside the point:
Applications need them. There's no point writing a decent-sized program
without one. And yet (without DFL) you have no library support for them
whatsoever. To create a window or a button, I must use CreateWindow().
To handle events, I must use GetMessageA(). To resize controls when the
parent window changes size, I have to do it all by hand, in code.

DFL and intellisense. Those are the areas this project is lacking.

Have a look at DWT, I think it should work with DMD 2.059.

http://dsource.org/projects/dwt
https://github.com/d-widget-toolkit/dwt

Hell, if we want to smother him I have half baked E17 Toolkit floating around somewhere...